Feeding Palm Beach County
Feeding South Florida® is pleased to announce the opening of its new Palm Beach County branch, known as Feeding Palm Beach County®.
Since 1991, Feeding South Florida occupied the former Cheney Brothers, Inc. facility off Claremore Drive in Palm Beach County. Due to the growing needs of the community, and Feeding South Florida’s increased efforts to end hunger throughout South Florida, the need for a new facility was ever apparent.
More than doubling its output of food from five million meals (6 million pounds) in 2012, to 13 million meals (16 million pounds) in 2017, in Palm Beach County alone, Feeding South Florida not only needed a space that could handle an increased volume of food and grocery products, but also a space that would provide a resource center and innovative programming for our partner agencies and families we serve.
Conveniently located off I-95 and Gateway Boulevard, across from the Publix Distribution Center, the branch is located at 4925 Park Ridge Boulevard, Boynton Beach, FL 33426. The facility itself is 25,344 sq. ft. and has an additional two acres of land for future expansion to triple its size.
- Installation of a new cooler/freezer, approximately 3,000 sq. ft. will enable us to store more than 200 pallets under air. That means more fresh produce, lean protein, and dairy for our families struggling to make ends meet.
- Ability to install three-tier racking for optimal utilization of space and implementation of inventory best practices to ensure first in, first out (FIFO).
- Two covered bay doors with space for tractor/trailers.
- Ten volunteer shifts per week are available for individuals and groups to help sort food and grocery items to ensure its safe for distribution. From Tuesday-Saturday, volunteer shifts take place twice a day from 8:30AM-11:30AM and from 1:30PM-4:30PM.
- Community groups can host team-building activities and off-site retreats in a room complete with Wi-Fi, projector, tables, chairs, and computers.